Courage and willingness to just go for it, whether it is a conversation or a spontaneous trip or trying new things that are scary – it is a really attractive quality.- Alanis Morissette’
Beautiful quote isn’t it? =)
Being extra cautious, planning ahead, staying within my boundaries, checking and re- checking stuff are usually my ‘thing’ and to be honest, they are not bad habits to have. At least they keep me out of danger or prevent me from losing my stuff.
But life can get a little boring don’t you think? – When you get too careful, scared or maybe just pure lazy to do something spontaneous and random once in awhile.
So why not challenge yourself today to do something that you don’t normally do and see how alive and excited it can make you feel!
Here are 10 little ideas to get you started:
1) Message a long lost good friend to arrange for a meet up. You can start by searching on FB or any other social network.
2) Google a recipe and cook/bake something – Ok, this is pretty spontaneous for someone who doesn’t cook/bake much (like me).
*Cover photo -My bacon quiche baked last week. First attempt and it was delicious.
3) Go to your favourite/ regular restaurant and order something that you’ve never ordered before.
4) Pick up an old skill – If you use to play a musical instrument but have not touched it for years, go try it again. It’s pretty satisfying knowing that you might still remember a trick or 2.
5) Book a spontaneous holiday.
6) Think of a place that you usually pass by during your daily commute (to work or school) but have never gone there to check it out. It could be a store, park, museum or even a neighbour’s house.
7) Sign up for volunteer work.
8) Go through your old stuff and sell them at a flea market/ online.
9) Buy a magazine you’ve never read before and expose yourself to a new topic. E.g Magazine on wine, interior design, DIY, art and craft, new scientific innovations, travel, shopping!
10) ‘Like’ and comment on my blog…=p
For me, I’m doing number 5. Booked a ticket this afternoon for a flight tomorrow and I’ve never done this before. How exciting!
Do share your ideas if you have any more great suggestions.